Lionel Messi goes into Sunday's World Cup final against Germany as the 6-5 favourite with Coral to be named the player of the tournament. The Argentinian headed the ante-post betting before the competition got underway and has shortened as the South American side have negotiated their way through to the final.
Germany's Thomas Muller is second best in the market at 7-2, while Colombia James Rodriguez is the same price with the bookmaker, despite his side falling short in the quarter-finals in Brazil.
"The betting suggests Lionel Messi is in pole position to win this award going into this weekend's final games. However, you'd have to feel if someone shines on Sunday, that could win swing it into their favour so it all to play for," said Coral's John Hill.
Player of the tournament
- 6-5 Lionel Messi
- 7-2 Thomas Muller, James Rodriguez
- 8-1 Manuel Neuer
- 14-1 Toni Kroos
- 16-1 Arjen Robben, Javier Mascherano.
World Cup final specials
- 8-11 Any Bayern Munich player to score in World Cup final
- 5-6 Any Premier League player to score in World Cup final
- 5-2 Any Manchester City player to score in World Cup final
- 3-1 A red card to be shown to any player in World Cup final
- 9-2 World Cup final to go to penalties
- 6-1 Muller and Klose to both score any time in World Cup final
- 14-1 Any player to score a hat-trick in World Cup final.